1/2 cup Phase 1 Moon Seeds, ground
1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter, softened
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Fresh Herbs, finely chopped
Veggie Pot Pie
1/2 Medium Onion, diced
2 Medium Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Small Russet Potato, peeled and diced
10-12 (12 oz.) Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup Flour
1 cup Mushroom or Vegetable Stock
1 cup Milk of choice
1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- Process Phase 2 Moon Seeds in a seed grinder, food processor, or high-speed blender until ground. Set aside 1/2 cup of grounds for the butter.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Using plastic wrap, roll butter mixture into a log shape.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Veggie Pot Pie
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven, cook onions and carrots in butter or oil until onions are translucent and carrots are soft.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Cook until mushrooms shrink and let off water.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir to coat.
- Add broth and milk, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add frozen peas and remove the pot from heat to stir.
- Add vinegar and stir well. Season further with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully empty the filling into a large baking dish or individual ramekins.
- Drape puff pastry sheet over filling and cut off excess.
- Beat the egg and brush the dough with egg wash.
- Cut slits in the dough to vent.
- Place dish on a baking sheet for easy handling, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and mixture is bubbling.
- To serve, cut a piece of pie and a pat of butter and mix together in a bowl.
Enjoy your pie and seedy compound butter!