1/2 Phase 2 Moon Seeds, ground
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast or Grated Parmesan
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
1 1/2 cups packed Basil, stems removed
1 tsp Kosher Salt
3/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2-4 oz Pasta of choice
About 1/4 cup Pasta Water
- Grind 1 pouch of Phase 2 Moon Seeds in our seed grinder or food processor.
- Measure 1/2 cup of ground seeds for the sauce and set the rest aside in storage.
Sauce (Makes about 1 cup)
- To a blender or food processor, add garlic and nutritional yeast. Pulse 3-4 times.
- Add basil leaves and ground Moon Seeds.
- With the machine on medium speed, slowly stream in the olive oil.
- Keep blending until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the container when necessary.
- Add salt and run the machine once more to blend everything together. If you'd like, add more salt, yeast, basil, or garlic to taste.
- To freeze, portion sauce to 4 equal servings using an ice tray or freezer-safe containers.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Reserve some pasta water for the sauce and drain the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cooked pasta, one serving of sauce, and pasta water until noodles look glossy and sauce becomes creamy.
- Plate up and enjoy!