Want to learn more about ovarian cancer? Check out these resources!
- Gynecologic Cancer Symptom Diary: The CDC created this handy symptom diary that you can utilize to track your symptoms over the course of two weeks. All you need to get started is access to a printer and a pen!
- American Cancer Society Ovarian Cancer Guide: A free guide which includes an overview of the different types of ovarian cancer.
- American Cancer Society Ovarian Cancer Risk Factors Guide: A free guide which discusses risk factors, causes, and preventive measures for ovarian cancer.
- Color Genomics: We recommend consulting with a physician regarding any family history of cancer that may lead you to suspect some sort of genetic component. However, in the event that you want to seek genetic testing on your own, Color Genomics has an at-home test that analyzes thirty genes associated with various cancers.
OVARIAN CANCER NONPROFITS
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but could be a good place to start to find out more information about ovarian cancer, or receive support if you are diagnosed.
- Bright Pink: Bright Pink helps to save lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering women to know their risk and manage their health proactively.
- Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered (FORCE): FORCE's Mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by hereditary breast, ovarian, and related cancers.
- HERA Ovarian Cancer Foundation: The mission of the HERA Ovarian Cancer Foundation is to eliminate ovarian cancer by promoting Health, Empowerment, Research, and Awareness.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: The mission of the NOCC is to save lives by fighting tirelessly to prevent and cure ovarian cancer and to improve the quality of life for Survivors.
- Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance: Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA) is the leading organization in the world fighting ovarian cancer from all fronts, including in the lab and on Capitol Hill, while supporting women and their families.
- SHARE: SHARE is a national nonprofit that supports, educates, and empowers women affected by breast, ovarian, or metastatic breast cancer, with a special focus on medically underserved communities. Our mission is to connect these women with the unique support of survivors and peers, creating a community where no one has to face breast or ovarian cancer alone.
- Sharsheret: Sharsheret, a national non-profit organization, improves the lives of Jewish women and families living with or at increased genetic risk for breast or ovarian cancer through personalized support and saves lives through educational outreach. While our expertise is in young women and Jewish families as related to breast cancer and ovarian cancer, Sharsheret programs serve all women and men.
- Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer (T.E.A.L®): Tell Every Amazing Lady® About Ovarian Cancer. Louisa M. McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation’s mission is to promote public awareness and education of the signs, symptoms and risk factors of ovarian cancer, provide support to survivors, and raise funds for research in order to find a screening test and cure for ovarian cancer.