What your skin comes into contact with is just as important as what you eat and drink. That's why it's imperative to find clean beauty products to keep away hormone-disrupting chemicals.
Luckily, there are some great resources out there for swapping products that are mentioned below.
SKINCARE, MAKEUP, AND PERSONAL PRODUCTS
It’s hard to let go of your favorite foundation, moisturizer, or shampoo, but there are a lot of great options out there now. You can use the Healthy Living app by the EWG or the Made Safe website to look up where your current products rank and better options.
If you’re concerned about safe, clean beauty products performing as well as your current ones, start with these brands:
- Primally Pure (has the best deodorant— blue tansy and charcoal are my favorites).
- Beautycounter (best-performing makeup and skincare products— they have something for everyone and test everything for heavy metals and contaminants).
- Cocokind Skincare (simple products with great ingredients).
- Painted Earth Skincare (if you struggle with hyperpigmentation, try their vitamin C moisturizer).
- Dr. Bronner’s (makes excellent and affordable liquid and bar soaps).
- The Detox Market (uses only the highest quality and safest products).
You can also download this free guide on non-toxic skincare. Everything’s broken down by skin type, DIY recipes, and the best products, so there’s something for everyone whether you want to make your products or purchase them. For tips on non-toxic sunscreen, check out our other blog post here.